Thanksgiving is quickly approaching and many of us are dreaming about turkey, pumpkin pie, and football. But others are especially looking forward to Black Friday and Cyber Monday, the hottest shopping days of the year.
On Black Friday, it’s easy to get caught up in the shopping whirlwind and spend more than you really should. To prepare for Black Friday, here’s a list of the top five shopping tips that should help ensure you get the best deals, and also have some peace of mind once you bring the items home.
1. Be prepared. Study the ads before Black Friday. Many of the major retailers have already released their Black Friday in-store specials at this time. We posted many of the flyers for you on FansRave®. You can check them out by clicking here. You can also visit Black Friday-focused websites such as bfads.net, theblackfriday.com, and gottadeal.com to see whether you’re getting the best deal. Be sure to save the best ads to your saving tabs on FansRave® for easy reference.
2. Search for coupons. Unless specifically stated, you CAN use coupons/coupon codes on Black Friday! Some stores put coupons out specifically for Black Friday, so be sure to do your homework.
3. Make a list and check it twice. Once you get into the first store, stick to your list! The stores will be arranged so that you will want to make impulse purchases. While you’re focusing on a deal that you hadn’t even considered, someone else might be buying the items that you came in for in the first place. Try not to allow yourself to get distracted, and stick to your budget!
4. Download price comparison apps. When shopping, grab the items that look like a good deal – then stop and scan them! Using apps such as Red Laser, ScanLife and ShopSavvy, you can scan items to see if other retails have the desired items for a better price.
5. Only focus on the deals. Focus your energy on shopping for the best bargains, and leave the rest of your Christmas shopping for another day.
By planning ahead and making a list, navigating Black Friday will be easy for you! Stay focused, and try to be nice to the employees and fellow deal hunters. Happy Shopping!
Additional Resources | Black Friday Tips: